The Garden of Huge Potential.

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: The Garden of Huge Potential.

#16 Post by Norman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Adelaide Aquatic Centre.

But seriously, something down at Monarto would be cool.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#17 Post by crawf » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Bulldozer wrote:
monotonehell wrote:
omada wrote:In this day and age, the theme park for me is an obsolete concept, like the circus, come on, we have the internet, Playstation and Xbox now :)
Exacery- for a themepark to compete with the entertainment options of today it has to be on the scale and complexity of a Disneyland. Dazzleland or Luna Park just can't compete with what we have in our homes these days.
How about a SA version of Wet 'n Wild - Dry 'n Dusty? "It's a sandblast!" :) (Is Puzzle Park still going?)

Wet 'n Wild and Whitewater World are my favourite theme parks up here. I think Dreamworld and Movie World are big letdowns once you get inside them.

Does the Magic Mountain replacement have waterslides? Splashdown is gone. Maybe Greenhills down at Victor has waterslides still? Where can one go for a decent waterslide in Adelaide? And when I say decent I mean terrifying high-speed, twisting and turning, pitch black tube of death type waterslides? :D
Nah I think its closed down. Yeah I wish Adelaide had like a theme park similar to Wet N Wild/Seaworld that would be cool.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#18 Post by Omicron » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:01 am

Will409 wrote:The Magic Mountain replacement (the Beach House) does have a couple of water slides.
...which, in this day of safety legislation and lawsuits, I imagine to be about as fun as dysentery. :wink:

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#19 Post by Cruise » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:19 am

dont worry you lot, when Monotonehellcruise Land opens in Monarto you will have a cool theme park to visit.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#20 Post by monotonehell » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:56 am

Will409 wrote:The Magic Mountain replacement (the Beach House) does have a couple of water slides.
I think it's three? The Beachhouse is pretty much exactly the same as Magic Mountain in terms of content. Except that everything is new and working. Although the bumper cars a are bit pathetic. The size of the 'track' is tiny.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#21 Post by Brando » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:41 pm

Honestly, i had a ball on them. I took my two little nephews there a while back and i think i laughed more than they did.... :D
One slide you sit on a tube and go down through an enclosed dark section that you can't see where it is. On the grand scale it probably is nothing, but i had fun.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#22 Post by monotonehell » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Brando wrote:Honestly, i had a ball on them. I took my two little nephews there a while back and i think i laughed more than they did.... :D
One slide you sit on a tube and go down through an enclosed dark section that you can't see where it is. On the grand scale it probably is nothing, but i had fun.
You had fun but your nephews were probably thinking "when can we go home and play Wii?" ;)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#23 Post by Brando » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:12 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Brando wrote:Honestly, i had a ball on them. I took my two little nephews there a while back and i think i laughed more than they did.... :D
You had fun but your nephews were probably thinking "when can we go home and play Wii?" ;)
Ha, yeah probably. I'm just a big kid stuck back in time...