Adelaide Motor Show cancelled until next year

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Strangled Cat
Gold-Member ;)

Re: Adelaide Motor Show cancelled until next year

#16 Post by Strangled Cat » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Howie wrote:I run the same injectors in my car, good thing about the FG's are they share the same injectors as LS1/LS2/34 GTT. I found some bosch ones 600cc with the nice spray pattern for around $490 which I reckon are an absolute bargain. Could imagine with a high flow that thing would be quite the beast. I'd definately go an FG over something like a LS2 Clubbie. Stop making me drool you :P
I'm not sure if the injectors on the FG are the same as the B series, but I thought the B series injectors were the same bosch units as the LS series Commodore V8s. The FG XR6T injectors flow about 280-290rwkw which isn't much better than what the standard B series flowed. The FG F6 has been tuned to 335kw on satndard injectors before being maxed out. One would suggest this would mean they are rated at around 40lb/hr or just under the 968 Bosch units. I don't know what that equates to in cc, but what I do know is that they are a great flowing factory injector, and are a very cheap alternative for someone with an XR6 to pick up if an F6 owner is upgrading.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#17 Post by Brando » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:49 pm

I have recently changed my VH23 turbo to a VF34 turbo. The reason for doing that was purely for reliability on day to day road driving. The VH23 was better over distance, but the VF34 is much more responsive, which is what i was after on the road. Before i changed turbo's i was 11.6 Std 400 mts @18 psi 1,2,3, gear and 17 psi 4,5 gear.
After, 2 x pistons, 2 x cranks, ring lands, just to name a few problems and not to mention the attention from the cops for having a front mount intercooler, i'm trying to keep things low key. It's just nice to know you have that punch when you need or want it.

Of course i am biased, but i'm not stupid...Size of the motor wise, the pocket rockets do very well against the big boys... Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the XR6 Turbo and V8's, i really keen to look at XR6 Turbo down the track as an everyday car and keep the REX as my project car again. Either that or get my CBR600 or GSXR600....hmmm what to do what to do. Leaning more towards my bike with the nicer weather showing it's face again.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#18 Post by Omicron » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 am

In other news, I'm not at all surprised that the Motor Show has been cancelled, as much as I'd like to see it in '09. In a market as small as Australia, I don't see how a brand could justify million-dollar outlays in at least five cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide), especially at a time when Holden is losing money, Ford Australia is losing money, Mitsubishi is losing money, and so on. Even the premium brands simply do not have the Australian volume to be able to afford a reasonable presence at multiple shows - and let's face it, at a motor show, you want to see a reasonable presence and not just one car from each brand sitting behind a fence.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#19 Post by Edgar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 pm

To me, a motorshow should showcase the launch of new models line up, concept cars, concept technologies, etc.

Sadly, this never happened here in Adelaide, and merely only Holden and Ford would launch new models in so-called Australian International Motorshow, but not Adelaide, so what's the point? What we get are second hand launches which we've seen all over the press before they came to the show.

And for the rest of the manufacturers, whatever they bring to the motorshows are as boring as what they've got in their showroom. And until recently, they've also started charging for the show bags, $1 each, are they f'king kidding? :wank: :wank: :wank: note: VW charges $2 for their greenbag in 2008 LOL
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#20 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 pm

The 2010 Adelaide Motor show will be on 24-28 Mar. :)
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/