[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: News & Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#1651 Post by Nathan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:Not sure - do you mean the surface part of South Road or Euston/Day Terraces? I think also the structure in the renders is brick only about half way up and then whatever that grey panelling is (concrete, glass?) makes up the rest. Whether that will look as good as in the render, or a cheap cop-out will become obvious when it's built I guess.
The grey is pre-cast concrete.

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#1652 Post by SouthAussie94 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Demolition of buildings at Darlington has sped up over the past few weeks.

Around 5/6 buildings appear to still be occupied. Another 10 or so are fenced off and are in varying stages of demolition. The building on the corner of South Rd and Flinders Dr which housed Kwiksticks and Lucky Lupitas was in the process of being knocked down over the weekend.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#1653 Post by I Follow PAFC » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:41 pm

As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, there will be a temporary partial closure of the Outer Harbor rail line between Adelaide Station and Woodville Station from Saturday 9 April to Sunday 10 April 2016.

Substitute buses W1 will be available between Adelaide and Woodville, connecting to Outer Harbor and Grange train services.

http://adelaidemetro.com.au/Announcemen ... ne-closure
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!

#1654 Post by mawsonguy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Lastest aerial view of the southern end of the T2T courtesy of nearmap.com

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1655 Post by rev » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:59 pm

South Road/Manton Street/Grange road intersection...opening on Monday apparently.

Oh it's going to such a joyous time getting through there :lol:

bits
Legendary Member!

#1656 Post by bits » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:29 pm

rev wrote:South Road/Manton Street/Grange road intersection...opening on Monday apparently.

Oh it's going to such a joyous time getting through there :lol:

Apparently my post of the links to these videos from yesterday went missing during the forum downtime.

I do not think this is actually a round about. It appears to be standard traffic light intersection which has split.
I assume they are splitting to get to the ground under the current intersection and to be able to build the new bridge for this intersection without major closures.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1657 Post by rev » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:04 pm

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1658 Post by crawf » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:39 pm

After so many years, it's so good to finally see this hidious stretch of roadway be overhauled.

Great pic. Love the new lighting.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1659 Post by SRW » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:08 am

What's the progress on the Darlington upgrade? I think the last post I remember regarding it was that the trees had been removed, but I thought major works were supposed to have begun by now for a completion by 2018. Anyone seen/heard?
Keep Adelaide Weird

bits
Legendary Member!

#1660 Post by bits » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 am

SRW wrote:What's the progress on the Darlington upgrade? I think the last post I remember regarding it was that the trees had been removed, but I thought major works were supposed to have begun by now for a completion by 2018. Anyone seen/heard?
They are still demolishing buildings along the stretch.

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#1661 Post by SouthAussie94 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:25 am

SRW wrote:What's the progress on the Darlington upgrade? I think the last post I remember regarding it was that the trees had been removed, but I thought major works were supposed to have begun by now for a completion by 2018. Anyone seen/heard?
Demolition is still underway. 1 building remains south of Sturt Rd, with around a dozen north. Of the 12 north of sturt road, 3/4 appear to still be occupied. The remained are fenced off and are in varying stages of demolition.

A large amount of work is occuring South of Flinders drive where the houses once stood. Large pipes (>1m in diameter) are being installed. In recent days, it appears as if a similar thing has been occuring on the western side of South Rd just to the South of the Expressway.

In the last few days a section of the median strip north of Flinders Drive has been removed and bituminised.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

victorious80
Gold-Member ;)

#1662 Post by victorious80 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:44 am

They are installing new large diameter water mains along the eastern edge of the road corridor, so they can remove the existing water mains that are within the current South Rd alignment (and will consequently be demolished once road construction begins).

This is the first of many service relocations that will need to happen prior to road works beginning in earnest.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#1663 Post by neoballmon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:55 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:In the last few days a section of the median strip north of Flinders Drive has been removed and bituminised.
There's another section north of Sturt Road (at Mimosa Drive I think) that they've done the same, although it's not as noticeable. This would be so they can contra-flow traffic when they do works at the Sturt Road intersection, so I imagine things will really pick up here in the coming months.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1664 Post by SRW » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Thanks guys! Sounds like it won't be too long before things really get going.
Keep Adelaide Weird

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1665 Post by how good is he » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Really impressed how much has happened since they started the T2T. Does anyone know if they are working 24/7 and if so will it continue to the end of the project? At this rate it looks like it should finish well before 2 years time..