Introduction Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Cruise
Banned
Banned

Re: Introduction Thread

#76 Post by Cruise » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Somebody wrote:People from SkyscraperCity may recognise me as being everybody's favorite railway gauge over there! :mrgreen:

So when does your ban get lifted? or have you used up your last chance lol, I need help keeping BSD in line.
Last edited by Cruise on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#77 Post by Cruise » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Düsseldorfer wrote:
Cruise wrote:
Düsseldorfer wrote: (cause i hate America :x )
Um, Why?
Um, why not? :P

actually i kno some american's and they are nice enuf...its just their security issues :roll: and their president...and the whole terrorism thing
I read that as, "TV said so"

Somebody
High Rise Poster!

#78 Post by Somebody » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 pm

Cruisey wrote:So when does your ban get lifted?
Cruisey wrote:need help keeping BSD in line.
CKF to the rescue! ;)
The Gold Coast - Australia's centre for insipid, tacky & boring.

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#79 Post by Joely » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Omicron wrote: Have you the Ti model, with its amusing-for-five-seconds keypad entry system?
Haha I wouldn't have a clue what model it is. Nah it doesn't have the humorous user unfriendly keypad entry system unfortunately, but it does have electric seats and cruise control, which are the only things I love about it. To answer Will's question, I'll list some of its problems. There is a hole in the muffler which results in an awful loud noise when driving reminscent of a 1970s corolla, the transmission skips first gear, the rear power window is stuffed and eventually works its way down during a short drive which means when I reach my destination I need to pull it back up into place, the brakes make a terrible screeching noise, the radio is stuffed, all the aircon controls are in Japanese so I when it gets hot I hit random buttons and hope for the best (not really a fault, but an inconvenience). I really need to spend a bit of money on it before I sell it.

Some pics:

As you can see it's a nice enough car, it's just a lemon :(

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#80 Post by Omicron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:01 am

Hmmm - definitely a Japanese import, and based on the equipment you have listed, you have the Japanese equivalent of a USDM Maxima GXE (whatever that may be).

Assuming you have parked directly in front of your own house, the 3 in the driveway is a good sign, too - the best choice in that price-range. 8)

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#81 Post by Joely » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:11 am

Nah thats the house directly opposite mine but I do love that 3. Speaking of Mazdas, my mum has late model 626 which I'm planning to swipe from her when she eventually decides to get a new car. An unlikely prospect however :P

Omicron

#82 Post by Omicron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:38 am

Joely wrote:Nah thats the house directly opposite mine but I do love that 3. Speaking of Mazdas, my mum has late model 626 which I'm planning to swipe from her when she eventually decides to get a new car. An unlikely prospect however :P
I don't mind those 626s - rather quiet, refined and reliable, but the lack of headroom was a bit of a worry, especially with my hair sticking up quite a way. :wink:

Of course, you ought to stop thinking in this rational manner of yours and look to purchase a '65 Mustang 289 hardtop, just so that I may slink by in the cover of night and steal it away for my own benefit.

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#83 Post by Joely » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:44 am

Hahaha you are quite a character Omi. I assure you my Mustang will be safe and sound in the garage, but I'll leave the Nissan keys in the ignition for you, free for the taking :lol:

Omicron

#84 Post by Omicron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 am

Joely wrote:Hahaha you are quite a character Omi. I assure you my Mustang will be safe and sound in the garage, but I'll leave the Nissan keys in the ignition for you, free for the taking :lol:
Pshaw! I shall not be making the effort to steal away a mundane Japanese sedan when I could have a lovely American hardtop coupe, irrespective of doors and locks that may stand in my way.

Be warned, Mr. Joely - eight cylinders will not last in your garage for very long. :wink:

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#85 Post by Norman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:57 am

There's always this...

Omicron

#86 Post by Omicron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:01 am

Norman wrote:There's always this...
It has eyebrows! How quaint. :mrgreen:

A project car from Japan is imminent, Mr. Howie? Do tell!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#87 Post by crawf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:04 am

Somebody wrote:
Cruisey wrote:So when does your ban get lifted?
Cruisey wrote:need help keeping BSD in line.
CKF to the rescue! ;)
Oh really? :twisted:

Omicron

#88 Post by Omicron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:06 am

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#89 Post by jk1237 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:26 am

ah hahahaha. What's broadgauge done this time? :lol: Must have been something in the WA thread by the looks of that screen dump.
Omicron, your pet cockie looks a bit nutty :lol:

Will409
Legendary Member!

#90 Post by Will409 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:50 am

Joely wrote:I'll list some of its problems. There is a hole in the muffler which results in an awful loud noise when driving reminscent of a 1970s corolla, the transmission skips first gear, the rear power window is stuffed and eventually works its way down during a short drive which means when I reach my destination I need to pull it back up into place, the brakes make a terrible screeching noise, the radio is stuffed, all the aircon controls are in Japanese so I when it gets hot I hit random buttons and hope for the best (not really a fault, but an inconvenience). I really need to spend a bit of money on it before I sell it.
1 - Muffler: Patch it up with some putty or if you are really brave, weld a small plate over the hole. However, the best option is to get a new muffler unit fitted without spending the extra money on a new exhaust pipe/tail pipe.

2 - Transmission: May need a service to change the fluid over and clean the magnets on the pan of the trans box. If not, then you may need to do some more serious work upto a full replacement. However, as long as you don't drive like a monkey on crack, you can operate from a standing start in second gear fine although accelaration will not be as good as it would be in first.

3 - Windows: Check the window over and see if it is a fault with either the motor, the lifting mechanism (most likely the problem) or the window guides in the door panel.

4 - Brakes: May need new pads/rotors fitted. In extreme cases, you will see heavy grooving in the rotor. However, it may also mean the pads are not properly fitted.

5 - Radio: You can buy a replacement radio from a place like Autobahn for as little as $100 or so. Buy one, knock the old radio out and put the new one in. Just make sure that the plugs for the wiring fit.

6 - Interior controls: Learn Japanese.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.