News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
fifty
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#976 Post by fifty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:38 am

Splashmo wrote:The layout is just bizarre now - I can't think of any airport in Australia where the check-in area is on a different level from the methods of transport used to get to the airport. Every passenger departing Adelaide has to use an escalator or lift to get to check-in, unless they park on level two of the carpark. And although we've got a beautiful welcoming plaza, after being dropped off it's better to get in the carpark lifts than try and use the cramped ones in the terminal building.
EXACTLY!!! x10000000

vozdra
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#977 Post by vozdra » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:41 pm

is the plaza finished? Or i should stay is the curved steel structure connecting the car park and terminal finished? I remember in the renders that the structure was shown to extend further than it does on the terminal side. Does anybody know? The image below shows what i mean

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#978 Post by Stefan P » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Evening all,

For 10 day period In August Singapore Airlines will drop the SQ277/276 service to Adelaide. Probably due to maintenance for its aircraft..

Singapore – Adelaide 06AUG13 – 17AUG13 Service reduced from 12 to 7 weekly, SQ277/276 cancelled
SQ279 SIN2355 – 0815+1ADL 333 D
SQ278 ADL1040 – 1635SIN 333 D
Stefan

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#979 Post by Stefan P » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Evening all,

Beginning Thursday 4/7/13 Singapore Airlines will increase its flights from 10-12 flights to Adelaide. Therefore, bringing Adelaide's number of international flights from 41 to 43 a week.

SQ279/278 which operates Daily...

SQ279 Dep SIN 2355 Arr ADL 0815+1
SQ278 Dep ADL 1040 Arr SIN 1635

SQ277/276 which will operate 5 times a week on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday. (This flight will not operate between 6/8/13 to 17/8/13)

SQ277 Dep SIN 0830 Arr ADL 1650
SQ276 Dep ADL 1810 Arr SIN 0005+1
Stefan

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#980 Post by Pants » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:05 pm

There were calls for tenders in today's paper for the construction of a canopy for Terminal 1. Anyone know what this is? Given the size of the builders calling for tenders from subcontractors, I expect it will be a big enough job.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#981 Post by Vee » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 am

Stefan P wrote:Evening all,

Beginning Thursday 4/7/13 Singapore Airlines will increase its flights from 10-12 flights to Adelaide. Therefore, bringing Adelaide's number of international flights from 41 to 43 a week.
Thanks, Stefan.
Good to see Singapore Airlines will take advantage of the opening provided by Qantas.
Item from Australian Business Traveller highlighting the good news for Adelaide (and Melbourne).
Singapore Airlines boosts Melbourne, Adelaide flights.

Singapore Airlines says it is ramping up flights from Australia to Singapore in light of increasing demand for flights via Singapore to London in the wake of Qantas shifting its international hub to Dubai.

The flag-carrier added a fourth daily service between Melbourne and Singapore on Monday, with the new SQ207/208 flight offering a late-night option for Melbourne’s busiest business travellers.
This week will also see Thursday and Sunday added to the thrice-weekly Adelaide-Singapore flight SQ276/SQ277, on top of the daily SQ277/278 service.

The City of Churches lost its sole Qantas flight to Singapore earlier this year in the changes to Qantas international network following its alliance with Emirates.

“Our customers are telling us they want more flight options through Singapore, and we saw the opportunity presented by our new daily service to Heathrow to open up new connections from Australia in particular” said Subhas Menon, Singapore Airlines’ Regional Vice President for the South-West Pacific region.

“Offering a new wave of same day and overnight travel options on the Australia - Europe market is a big factor in our favour.”

Next week Singapore Airlines will reveal the next generation of its highly-regarded first class suites and business class seats, which will debut on selected aircraft in the third quarter of 2013.
By David Flynn
Australian Business Traveller
http://zite.to/10wzWhd

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#982 Post by Shahkar » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 pm

For the month of April, a total of 631,379 passed through ADL compared to 582,957 last year, a total increase of 8.3%. An increase of 22.9% internationally, an increase of 7.0% domestically and an increase of 5.6% regionally. While Perth had a total increase of 4.4% for April. :banana:

Currently, for the first four months, we have had the highest number of passengers at ADL. Lets hope it continues to grow!

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#983 Post by bm7500 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:16 am

Shahkar wrote:For the month of April, a total of 631,379 passed through ADL compared to 582,957 last year, a total increase of 8.3%. An increase of 22.9% internationally, an increase of 7.0% domestically and an increase of 5.6% regionally. While Perth had a total increase of 4.4% for April. :banana:

Currently, for the first four months, we have had the highest number of passengers at ADL. Lets hope it continues to grow!
That's really promising news. I hope the passenger numbers continue to increase, especially for international flights.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Stefan P
High Rise Poster!

#984 Post by Stefan P » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Evenign all,

Virgin Australia will change its flight number on its Adelaide-Denpasar flights from 30/3/14. The flight numbers will change from VA4194/4195 (4193/4192 on Satrudays) to VA32/33 (VA33/34 on Saturdays)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday flights...

VA32 Dep DPS 0110 Arr ADL 0720
VA33 Dep ADL 1220 Arr DPS 1620

Saturday flight...

VA33 Dep ADL 1345 Arr DPS 1745
VA34 Dep DPS 1135 Arr ADL 1755
Stefan

Dazzeland
High Rise Poster!

#985 Post by Dazzeland » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:18 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95039986@N07/9215706140/

Sorry, I had to share this. I was going through my photos and found it.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#986 Post by monotonehell » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Dazzeland wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95039986@N07/9215706140/

That queue of people? Is it opening day?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#987 Post by Ho Really » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:40 pm

monotonehell, yes, opening day.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Ho Really

#988 Post by Ho Really » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:06 pm

bm7500 wrote:
Shahkar wrote:For the month of April, a total of 631,379 passed through ADL compared to 582,957 last year, a total increase of 8.3%. An increase of 22.9% internationally, an increase of 7.0% domestically and an increase of 5.6% regionally. While Perth had a total increase of 4.4% for April. :banana:

That's really promising news. I hope the passenger numbers continue to increase, especially for international flights.
I'm not quite in those figures as I went in mid-May and returned in mid-June [and going again in October], but I hope the trend continued. Though I would assume with the European summer ending in a few months the number will drop. The other deterent could be the sliding Aussie dollar (against the Euro). To counter-balance that SE Asia should still be looking good. The combination of deals from Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific and the relatively strong buying power of the Aussie dollar there should keep the numbers high.

Cheers

Ho Really

#989 Post by Ho Really » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Now a couple of gripes re our Airport.
1. The closure of the road ramp to Departures. This IMHO was a big mistake. Now everyone drops-off and picks-up under the new carpark. When I left in mid-May it didn't bother me as much as when I got back when I really noticed the error of all this. I spoke to a marshall that was directing some of the traffic. He said they did it because of security reasons (the whole 9-11 thing). I replied that it wouldn't make any difference to a terrorist if the ramp was closed or not. I gave him an example saying that I could have had 20kg of explosives in my rollercase on departure and no one would have known. He agreed saying that no one at the Airport listened to their suggestions. Great!
2. One x-ray machine at International Departures. If we want to make a good impression on foreign airlines coming to Adelaide I would think we need some improvements in this area. A few more staff and a couple more x-ray machines would help. I saw off a friend on the Emirates evening flight to Dubai recently and there was a very long line of people waiting. When I left in mid-May it was with Singapore Airlines and it wasn't as bad (there were less people). I thought this is the sort of stuff you'd see in some European airports when there are a lot of international flights departing close to one another. Maybe it's in AAL's future expansion plans of this area (the rearranging of walls, partitions, more x-ray machines, etc.). I don't know, but it would make the transition from the concourse through Security, Passport Control etc., to the departure lounge a lot smoother. It would also be good if they did this before any further international airlines decided to come here. Only my opinion.

Cheers

Saw Splashmo's post afterwards...
Splashmo wrote:The layout is just bizarre now - I can't think of any airport in Australia where the check-in area is on a different level from the methods of transport used to get to the airport. Every passenger departing Adelaide has to use an escalator or lift to get to check-in, unless they park on level two of the carpark. And although we've got a beautiful welcoming plaza, after being dropped off it's better to get in the carpark lifts than try and use the cramped ones in the terminal building.
Agree with you 100 percent!

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#990 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Dazzeland wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95039986@N07/9215706140/

Back in the day where our international terminal was all of two gates, and had the sole aerobridge between the two terminals!