[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Mpol
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: #APP: Rundle Place | 93m | 19lvls | Office & Retail

#346 Post by Mpol » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:07 am

So has this been approved? Or is it still yet to be done so?

Another 100m in the CBD, and right in Rundle, would be fantastic.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#347 Post by Ben » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 am

Mpol wrote:So has this been approved? Or is it still yet to be done so?

Another 100m in the CBD, and right in Rundle, would be fantastic.
It's approved in it's original form, not with the additional levels as yet.

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#348 Post by Queen Anne » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Ben wrote:Good news on three fronts. Looks like an extra 2 levels meaning this will now be 21 levels and approx 101m and I can only assume this is because they have a tenant lined up who requires more space. Would be fantastic to have another over 100m.
DA/562/2008/B
26/11/2009
Development Application Received
Variation to previous authorisation to Demolish existing buildings and construct a 19 storey building comprising 4 storeys of retail (including basement) and 15 storeys of office accommodation - VARIATION to include an additional 2 storeys of office accomodation.
77-91 Rundle Mall, 90-100 Grenfell Street, 12-18 Francis Street & 1-19 Lindes Lane ADELAIDE SA
I've lost track of what's happening, does the above mean the Roger David building is still retained? And something else I'm not sure on - is Lindes Lane itself disappearing in the current plan?

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #APP: Rundle Place | 102m | 21lvls | Office & Retail

#349 Post by AtD » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:55 pm

I wonder if they've won the Commonwealth lease that was being tossed around a month or three ago? It was a multitude of departments. The reason I suspect as much is because the office tower above the Myer Centre was recently put up for lease on RealCommercial.com. If I remember correctly the current tenant is (was?) Commonwealth.

Just idle speculation.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#350 Post by Will » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 am

Queen Anne wrote:
Ben wrote:Good news on three fronts. Looks like an extra 2 levels meaning this will now be 21 levels and approx 101m and I can only assume this is because they have a tenant lined up who requires more space. Would be fantastic to have another over 100m.
DA/562/2008/B
26/11/2009
Development Application Received
Variation to previous authorisation to Demolish existing buildings and construct a 19 storey building comprising 4 storeys of retail (including basement) and 15 storeys of office accommodation - VARIATION to include an additional 2 storeys of office accomodation.
77-91 Rundle Mall, 90-100 Grenfell Street, 12-18 Francis Street & 1-19 Lindes Lane ADELAIDE SA
I've lost track of what's happening, does the above mean the Roger David building is still retained? And something else I'm not sure on - is Lindes Lane itself disappearing in the current plan?
Unfortunately the Roger David building will not be retained, yet on a brighter note Lindes Lane wont be destroyed, and indeed according to the latest plans, there are going to be 4-6 retail tenancies fronting Lindes Lane.

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#351 Post by Queen Anne » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks Will.

Personally, I am watching this development with a sense of trepidation. I worry we are losing more than we are gaining here. I hope I'm wrong.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: APP: Rundle Place | 102m | 21lvls | Office & Retail

#352 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:58 pm

Hey Will,

Do you know why this one is so tall. I'm having trouble working it out. 17 levels at approx 4m per level is 68m and then you have 4 levels of retail (unclear if this includes basement) but assuming not this equates to between 8 and 9 m per level of retail. I just hope we haven't gotten a bit over excited re the height. I hope it is over 100m though.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#353 Post by AG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Ben wrote:Hey Will,

Do you know why this one is so tall. I'm having trouble working it out. 17 levels at approx 4m per level is 68m and then you have 4 levels of retail (unclear if this includes basement) but assuming not this equates to between 8 and 9 m per level of retail. I just hope we haven't gotten a bit over excited re the height. I hope it is over 100m though.
Go back to page 14 of this thread, and look for a post by AtD that contains cross-sections and elevations of the original proposal. That should give some guide as to how large it probably is now. This cross-section in particular is useful, the height to the top of the core from Rundle Street was just under 90m if I've calculated correctly. With floor heights of 4.41m, the new proposal would probably be about 99m tall:
http://www.photoadelaide.com/Rundle%20M ... 8%20AA.pdf

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#354 Post by Will » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey Ben, in addition to what AG has said the reason why this building is so tall for its 19 levels is due to the fact hat it is built atop a 4 level retail podium. Retail floors a generally higher than office and residential floors. Indeed, I recall that the 4 level retail podium is 20m high, meaning that each floor is on average 5m. Furthermore as AG said, the height between floors in this building are a massive 4.41m. The original proposal has a height to roof of 89m and a height to top of structure of 92m. Thus if the plant room stays at 3m, and if the height of each office floor remain at 4.41m, means that the new proposal should be 101m tall.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#355 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Will wrote:

Hey Ben, in addition to what AG has said the reason why this building is so tall for its 19 levels is due to the fact hat it is built atop a 4 level retail podium. Retail floors a generally higher than office and residential floors. Indeed, I recall that the 4 level retail podium is 20m high, meaning that each floor is on average 5m. Furthermore as AG said, the height between floors in this building are a massive 4.41m. The original proposal has a height to roof of 89m and a height to top of structure of 92m. Thus if the plant room stays at 3m, and if the height of each office floor remain at 4.41m, means that the new proposal should be 101m tall.
Thanks for clearing that up guys. Sure is unusaul to have 4.4m floors but i'm not complaining!

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#356 Post by jk1237 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Queen Anne wrote:Thanks Will.

Personally, I am watching this development with a sense of trepidation. I worry we are losing more than we are gaining here. I hope I'm wrong.
Im gonna have to agree with you there. Because its such a large area, I hope they do keep some of the historic shop facades along Rundle Mall

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#357 Post by phenom » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:11 pm

AtD wrote:I wonder if they've won the Commonwealth lease that was being tossed around a month or three ago? It was a multitude of departments. The reason I suspect as much is because the office tower above the Myer Centre was recently put up for lease on RealCommercial.com. If I remember correctly the current tenant is (was?) Commonwealth.

Just idle speculation.
Partly. The office tower above the Myer Centre ("Terrace Towers") currently has predominantly State Govt offices with some Commonwealth (Ausindustry I think) on one floor. The levels in that building up for lease (around 3 of the 6) are being vacated by State Government (the Department of Trade and Economic Development) - who are moving to the Conservatory later this month. There will still be State Govt ministerial offices etc located in the building.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#358 Post by skyliner » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:27 pm

So is this one going ahead after all this discussion. Like someone else mentioned, I have lost track. A bldg of this size must have something behind it for such a proposition to be put in the first place and given the current economic climate the additional two floors also suggest their accommodation of extra demand. Hope this does'nt follow the path of Spire.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Briggzy_03
High Rise Poster!

#359 Post by Briggzy_03 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm

skyliner wrote:So is this one going ahead after all this discussion. Like someone else mentioned, I have lost track. A bldg of this size must have something behind it for such a proposition to be put in the first place and given the current economic climate the additional two floors also suggest their accommodation of extra demand. Hope this does'nt follow the path of Spire.
You'd think considering our available office space is one of the lowest of the capitals and is still decreasing and our rental prices are on the rise that there would be an increased demand for new office space? Or is that the wrong way to determine demand?

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#360 Post by pushbutton » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:06 am

The start date for this project was meant to be May 2009. What's going on?