[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Spotto
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#6061 Post by Spotto » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:56 pm

rev wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:10 pm
What they did reveal was that business owners at least have until November next year to relocate. I could have misheard and they may have said 'next' November, but 90% sure they said November next year.
Which section of South Road/NSM are these latest property acquisitions for?

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#6062 Post by aceman » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:13 pm

I was chatting to the people at Jarvis Toyota tonsley and they said they’ll be out by the end of this year.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#6063 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Plenty of properties between Celtic Ave and the Tonsley Hotel have been acquired, boarded up and/or demolished.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SBD

#6064 Post by SBD » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:44 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:00 pm
Plenty of properties between Celtic Ave and the Tonsley Hotel have been acquired, boarded up and/or demolished.
I think that is the area in which the tunnel boring machine will be assembled. Presumably it requires a fair amount of space and time to assemble and get ready.

ChillyPhilly

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#6065 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:57 pm

SBD wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:
I think that is the area in which the tunnel boring machine will be assembled. Presumably it requires a fair amount of space and time to assemble and get ready.
Correct. Also, properties southwest of the Gallipoli Underpass have been demolished, as I may have previously reported.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#6066 Post by rev » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:54 am

Spotto wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:56 pm
rev wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:10 pm
What they did reveal was that business owners at least have until November next year to relocate. I could have misheard and they may have said 'next' November, but 90% sure they said November next year.
Which section of South Road/NSM are these latest property acquisitions for?
Around South/Richmond Road.
I believe it was the owners of Tuff & Sons and Matlin Auto Repair that were interviewed.

Government is apparently trying to help businesses relocate.
Good reason for the government to setup an industrial precinct on all that empty land at Gillman.
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:57 pm
SBD wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Correct. Also, properties southwest of the Gallipoli Underpass have been demolished, as I may have previously reported.
Oh right, been a while since I've been down that way I try to avoid South Road for obvious reasons.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#6067 Post by HeapsGood » Tue May 02, 2023 1:50 pm

There is an interactive map here and loads of cool new youtube videos, ICYMI

https://dit.sa.gov.au/nsc/torrens-to-da ... oject-maps

eg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkT72Pxd_rQ

I didn't realise they ditched the anzac overpass, i must keep up with the news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV91U7B6g4o
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

SBD

#6068 Post by SBD » Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm

HeapsGood wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:50 pm
There is an interactive map here and loads of cool new youtube videos, ICYMI

https://dit.sa.gov.au/nsc/torrens-to-da ... oject-maps

eg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkT72Pxd_rQ

I didn't realise they ditched the anzac overpass, i must keep up with the news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV91U7B6g4o
So "over 100 trees removed" is replaced by "minimal tree removal" - I wonder how many fewer trees that is.

The overpass was ditched because it was apparently going to be ugly and there would still be traffic lights at Leader Street after it merged to Anzac Highway.

I notice that the "original design" has red traffic lights on Anzac Highway, but the new, improved design has green lights on Anzac Highway and very few cars queued at the reinstated traffic lights to turn right off of South Road. I have no idea if these videos are simply drawn by artists or are snapshot output from traffic modelling software. If the latter, it would be interesting to see if the parameters are the same for both simulations.

ChillyPhilly

#6069 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed May 03, 2023 10:11 am

There's no denying that the updated renders and videos are a bit embellished, but I can't disagree the changes are improvements over the original design.

SBD

#6070 Post by SBD » Wed May 03, 2023 12:36 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:11 am
There's no denying that the updated renders and videos are a bit embellished, but I can't disagree the changes are improvements over the original design.
The Port Road southbound exit traffic light queue occasionally extends down the ramp. I can't imagine that there is much less traffic coming from the south and wanting to use Anzac Highway. The original solution was similar to the one to Ayliffes Road. I haven't noticed if that queue ever extends back to the expressway. The next traffic lights are a bit further away, but Anzac Highway is wider than Ayliffes Road too. The criticism of the original plan was that the bridge was only one lane wide. An alternate solution could have been to make it a bit wider. like Liberal did to the Labor plan for a single lane bridge at Port Wakefield.

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

#6071 Post by NTRabbit » Wed May 03, 2023 4:38 pm

SBD wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:36 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:11 am
The Port Road southbound exit traffic light queue occasionally extends down the ramp. I can't imagine that there is much less traffic coming from the south and wanting to use Anzac Highway. The original solution was similar to the one to Ayliffes Road. I haven't noticed if that queue ever extends back to the expressway. The next traffic lights are a bit further away, but Anzac Highway is wider than Ayliffes Road too. The criticism of the original plan was that the bridge was only one lane wide. An alternate solution could have been to make it a bit wider. like Liberal did to the Labor plan for a single lane bridge at Port Wakefield.
At peak times the Ayliffes Rd flyover is backed down the ramp, albeit never stopped, just moving extremely slowly. I have seen it backed up along the motorway to the Flinders Rd bridge, but in that instance I assumed there was a major accident somewhere on Goodwood and decided to go the other way, where I found South Rd was gridlocked back to the Ayliffes Rd flyover, and then I got stopped trying to turn onto Cross Rd by three trains in a row, sat there for 10 minutes waiting for our turn in the traffic light cycle only to have it stolen by a train yet again. Just couldn't win that day.

Nort

#6072 Post by Nort » Wed May 03, 2023 5:41 pm

I had a quick look and they seemed familiar, are these the renders/maps that were released in December?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#6073 Post by Norman » Thu May 04, 2023 2:13 am

Nort wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:41 pm
I had a quick look and they seemed familiar, are these the renders/maps that were released in December?
Yes, they are not new, but might not have been posted at the time.

Nort

#6074 Post by Nort » Thu May 04, 2023 8:42 am

Norman wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:13 am
Nort wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:41 pm
Yes, they are not new, but might not have been posted at the time.
We had a couple of pages of discussion on them at the time, but certainly no harm in them being brought back up for anyone who missed it over the busy end of year period! :)

ChillyPhilly

#6075 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri May 12, 2023 7:21 am

An overhead artist's impression that I hadn't seen before.