[U/C] 185-189 Pirie Street | 31m | 8lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[U/C] 185-189 Pirie Street | 31m | 8lvls | Office

#1 Post by Ben » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:02 pm

I think this is the site next to the former Adelaide Bank Building.
Application: S10/19/2014
Description: Demolish existing buildings and construct 8 level office building with retail and parking on ground floor.
Property Address: 185-189 Pirie Street ADELAIDE SA 5000
Applicant : PRUSZINSKI ARCHITECTS P/L
Owner : PALUMBO BUILDING
Application First Lodged: 20 Jun 2014
Estimated Cost of Dev: $10,407,000

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[U/C] Re: PRO: 185-189 Pirie Street | 35m~ | 8lvls | Office

#2 Post by Ben » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Going before the DAC this Thursday.

Bit disappointed with the height or lack of given the location.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

[U/C] Re: PRO: 185-189 Pirie Street | 35m~ | 8lvls | Office

#3 Post by wilkiebarkid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Ben wrote:Going before the DAC this Thursday.

Bit disappointed with the height or lack of given the location.

It's on the eastern side of Pulteney Street replacing some community churchie type building!, so not so bad. If it had been between Pulteney and King William it would have been disappointing.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: PRO: 185-189 Pirie Street | 31m | 8lvls | Office

#4 Post by Nathan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Actually, it's replacing an open air car park (it's the gap between the UPark and the former Adelaide Bank building.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by Will » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Nathan wrote:Actually, it's replacing an open air car park (it's the gap between the UPark and the former Adelaide Bank building.
Behind the carpark, there is actually a single level church building known as the Otherway Centre. Either way it is a rather nondescript building.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by monotonehell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 am

Will wrote:
Nathan wrote:Actually, it's replacing an open air car park (it's the gap between the UPark and the former Adelaide Bank building.
Behind the carpark, there is actually a single level church building known as the Otherway Centre. Either way it is a rather nondescript building.
Correct, it used to be the Otherway Centre who have moved on. It's a solid red brick, warehouse style building formerly used as a church.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

IamAdelaide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#7 Post by IamAdelaide » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:34 pm

I saw this building before.
Mostly on every street.
I's the same building, nothing - NOTHING! - indeed new or exciting.
Last year's/decade "model"....again! :wallbash:
I am Adelaide - a city near the Barossa Valley

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by Howie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 pm

Paul chiming in here:
I've had a look, and I cant find on every street an office building with a ventilated frameless crystal glass double skin facade, full opening windows each end and in the centre of every floor, or top floor and 2nd top floor gardens and outdoor meeting rooms.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#9 Post by serca » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Well said !!!! IamAdelaide I have just read your last 3 post all from today and they are all negative. I'm not for "boring" buildings but why does every building have to make a massive aesthetic statement? Adelaide is not Singapore or Shanghai. In certain hubs of the city ie - medical and bio hub and or riverbank precinct sure it's worth investing in and pushing the boundaries in these structures for practicality , sustainability and architectural / design merit. Let the pro's work their magic or Adelaide could end up looking like a patch quilt . This building looks fine in my opinion!

Matt
Legendary Member!

#10 Post by Matt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:59 am

Howie wrote:Paul chiming in here:
I've had a look, and I cant find on every street an office building with a ventilated frameless crystal glass double skin facade, full opening windows each end and in the centre of every floor, or top floor and 2nd top floor gardens and outdoor meeting rooms.
Valid points for potential tenants, but in terms of street-scape it's another glass box.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[U/C] Re: 185-189 Pirie Street | 31m | 8lvls | Office

#11 Post by Will » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Now on realestate.com:

A STUNNING NEW DEVELOPMENT

185 Pirie Street is Adelaide's newest and most exciting office development in years.

Perfectly located in the popular and thriving Hindmarsh Square precinct, the property is ideally positioned amongst some of Adelaide's leading corporates including KPMG, Channel 9 and Macquarie.

A first class design that provides an impact with its impressive facade that is modern and slick with ample natural light flowing from 3 sides of the building including full floor to ceiling windows from the north and the south. The ground floor will feature a well appointed lobby plus a cafe (with an opening to the lobby) that will provide great amenity to the building and the precinct.

Designed to be a 5 Star Green building and a 4.5 Star NABERS Rating, 185 Pirie Street ticks all the boxes as an A grade building including the key environmental sustainability measures.

The seven upper levels ranging from 761sqm to 868sqm enable a tenant to secure space up to 6,000sqm all afforded with first rate contemporary building services and finishes.

Lease Term: Negotiable
Options: Negotiable
Rent Reviews: Negotiable
Date Available: Mid 2016

Nathan

#12 Post by Nathan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:43 pm

"Cafe Expresso"?

:sly:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#13 Post by Ben » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Looks like this is going ahead. Demolition to start soon.

Type
Schedule 10

Application Number
S10/19/2014/1/A

Lodgement Date
06/08/2015

Latest Decision

Location 185-189 Pirie Street, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Description Vary previous authorisation to demolish existing buildings and construct 8 level office building with retail and parking on ground floor - VARIATION - relocate driveway entrance & reconfigure services associated with ground floor, increase retail floor space, alter balconies and increase office space, identify locations for signage & introduce staging for the projects - STAGE 1 - DEMOLITION AND SUBSTRUCTURE APPROVAL ONLY

Waewick

#14 Post by Waewick » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:07 pm

I think this is a perfectly good development for the location.

Fills a hole, isn't really visible from the square, more importantly it means tenants are leasing.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#15 Post by serca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Of course this development is better than what is currently there, yes the building looks neat, tenancies are good in this economic times and it fills a hole. But i think this is still prime land in a major CBD an 8 level office doesn't nearly cut it. I understand supply and demand but..... Why doesn't Adelaide mix it's classes of high rise more? Have more Joint developments? A few more levels of retail & Restaurants on this one, then the existing office space and if the developer was to add say 10-15 levels of apartments there is enough demand now that they would sell, the central location and imagine the views around the 90m-100m mark!!

This is one of the worst parts of the CBD.The fugly offices across the road, either side the old Adelaide bank building, channel 9? and a massive U park. Across from that another large Hindmarsh square car park. Much like has been suggested for Adelaide Central markets why wouldn't the land owners of these carparks sell the space above for development, such a waste a prime space and opportunity. Adelaide is in a real pickle now economically and has been for a long time. Throw in the highest rate of unemployment and one of the lowest exporters in the nations. Yet policies and legislations here make it hard to invest??? Why do we have by far the highest land tax and stamp duty in the nation. Why would an investor what to pays literally tens of thousands of dollars more to invest here?? when already the risk of return is higher than in other states. On top of that backward council's and development panels. Shesh!! What are they doing to encourage investment?

Went on a bit of a spill but why are the fundamentals and principles of this state for a prosperous and sustainable economy and future so wrong!