News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Hex
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

#541 Post by Hex » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:05 am

Has anyone been to Kiin on Angas St yet? Fairly new, seems good from a general look https://kiinrestaurant.com.au/

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#542 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm

Visited Belle's Hot Chicken in Sydney over the weekend.

One of the restaurant employees let slip they'll be opening a restaurant in Adelaide in June.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#543 Post by Ben » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:22 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm

One of the restaurant employees let slip they'll be opening a restaurant in Adelaide in June.
I went to the Fitzroy one in January and I was very underwhelmed. The staff just did not care and the food had no flavour. We have better local alternatives.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#544 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:47 pm

Ben wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:22 pm
Brucetiki wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm

I went to the Fitzroy one in January and I was very underwhelmed. The staff just did not care and the food had no flavour. We have better local alternatives.
Sounds like you may have copped them on a bad night. I've been to the ones in Barangaroo, Circular Quay, and Melbourne CBD and they've all been pretty consistent in quality and taste, as well as attentive staff.

They're quite strong on heat though, so I've tamed it down to Traveller the past few visits.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#545 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:53 am

Kintaro Sushi has opened up on Gouger Street where San Churro used to be.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#546 Post by rev » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:07 am

COMING SOON: Adelaide-first entertainment and dining precinct set for Rundle Place
By Nadia Boscaini
Posted on March 29, 2023

COMMENTS
A first-of-its-kind entertainment and dining precinct is coming to premium retail centre Rundle Place in a multimillion-dollar project that will create Rundle Mall’s first day/night destination.

Australasia’s largest fun company provider, Funlab, has taken on more than 2,200sqm on Level 1 of Rundle Place and is bringing three of its global brands to South Australia for the first time to create ‘Entertainment Place’ – Strike Bowling, Hijinx Hotel and Archie Brothers Cirque Electriq.

You can expect immersive and interactive experiences from this entertainment mecca with a range of epic opportunities to engage in a wonderful world of fun and games right in the heart of the CBD.

Hijinx Hotel is an immersive game experience housed within the theme, wonder and theatre of a quirky New York style hotel where the rooms are reimagined into quick play, challenge rooms. Leave the suitcases at home – these are rooms where you play, not stay. A delightful addition to Rundle Mall!

Archie Brothers Cirque Electriq will be a prize for your eyes with a kaleidoscopic circus of cocktails, arcade and ticket games that give old-school fun a new life.

Meanwhile, Strike Bowling will turn down the lights and crank up the fun with high energy music that brings a party atmosphere to the bowling alley.

This development will create new and exciting reasons to visit the CBD.

Alongside Funlab’s entertainment offerings will be a 1,500sqm dining precinct. Set to become the culinary heart of the retail strip, Rundle Place’s Level 1 will be a destination for food and beverage with up to seven restaurants and bars showing best in class South Australian and national food and beverage operators.

“This project will extend Rundle Place’s appeal from fashion and services, into the evening, with an entertaining and dining precinct that will be the first of its kind in South Australia,” said Sam Sproats, Executive Director of Funds Management at Fortius, which owns Rundle Place.

“We are pleased to welcome Funlab’s first major South Australian attraction to Rundle Place and expect shoppers, visitors and tourists are going to really enjoy their three brands.

“You can come to Rundle Place, park in our adjacent carpark, have lunch in the lower ground food court, shop at more than 20 premium retail brands on ground floor, and then go upstairs for a night of fun and food at Entertainment Place and the new dining precinct.”

Rundle Place has recently welcomed a range of new tenants including lululemon, Kintaro, CnB Chicken and Burger, Dumpling 100 Express and FOAM Café. Exciting fashion brand Nude Lucy will open its first SA store in April and a new café, Dawn Patrol, is coming soon to the ground floor.

Rundle Place is also home to a Coles supermarket, Adelaide’s only Apple store, and fashion brands including Kookai, Country Road, Seed Heritage, Witchery, Mimco, Trenery, Oxford, Serafina, M.J. Bale, Politix, Aquila and Honey Birdette.
https://glamadelaide.com.au/coming-soon ... dle-place/

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#547 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:21 pm

It opened today.

Very colourful with more to come. I hope this becomes a smash hit.

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#548 Post by SRW » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:27 pm

SuperBueno on Gouger Street and Fat Controller in Station Arcade are closing by year's end.

But on opposite ends, Aces will soon open in the former Optus on the corner of Monta St, and Station Arcade Club has opened in the long vacant former basement food court.
Keep Adelaide Weird

The Scooter Guy

#549 Post by The Scooter Guy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:16 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:27 pm
SuperBueno on Gouger Street and Fat Controller in Station Arcade are closing by year's end.

But on opposite ends, Aces will soon open in the former Optus on the corner of Monta St, and Station Arcade Club has opened in the long vacant former basement food court.
I wonder if Fat Controller's management threatened Britt Allcroft to sue... :lol:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

ChillyPhilly

#550 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:58 pm

I'm quite alarmed by these small bar and club closures.

It's almost like the Liberals' move to massively hike licence fees was a terrible idea or something...
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#551 Post by Allkai » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:06 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:58 pm

It's almost like the Liberals' move to massively hike licence fees was a terrible idea or something...
EFTPOS killing the cash rinsing business is probably more their issue.

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#552 Post by A-Town » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:29 pm

Allkai wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:06 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:

I'd say inflation, rising cost of living, high interest rates, and in the case of Super Bueno the decline in foot traffic due to the Central Market redevelopment are the main reasons.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#553 Post by gnrc_louis » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:46 pm

A-Town wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:29 pm
Allkai wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:06 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:

I'd say inflation, rising cost of living, high interest rates, and in the case of Super Bueno the decline in foot traffic due to the Central Market redevelopment are the main reasons.
Yep all these things + Adelaide has a brutally competitive food scene, consumers have lots of choice of good places to eat (not sure we realise just how lucky we are) and new places are always opening.

Patrick_27

#554 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:55 am

There’s a lot more under the surface of these announcements. Super Bueno is owed by Penny Hospitality who are doing just fine; they own General Havelock, Paper Tiger (formerly Two Pot Screamer), Joe’s Henley Beach and West Oak; whilst running the bars at Hindley street Music Hall and Lion Arts. I imagine the closure of SB will likely see them put something else there, as they’ve never relied on Central Market foot traffic, it’s always been more of a lawyer knock off venue.

As for Fats, the venue lost a lot of its appeal when they stopped staging live music (excl. djs) which was around the time of Lion Arts opening (I think UniBar felt the brunt of this also). I suspect the closure of Fats has more to do with either 5/4 Entertainment opening a new nightclub specifically for their Transmission nights in Station Arcade and/or the owner/booker of Fata being wrapped up with Music SA and his new Festival Vintage Vibes. Fats has always been bankrolled by mining money from my understanding so I wouldn’t think it was a financial decision.

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

News & Discussion : New Restaurants, Bars & Night Clubs

#555 Post by AndyWelsh » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:13 pm

Apparently “Taiwan's No.1 Brown Sugar Boba Milk has officially landed on Rundle Mall, right at the heart of Adelaide!”

Quite a queue along Gawler Place this afternoon. Looks to have opened a few days ago according to their Insta https://www.instagram.com/xingfutang.ad ... Jpc21neDAz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk