Adelaide Rally 2021

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

Adelaide Rally 2021

#1 Post by Plasmatron » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:40 am

This event seems to get bigger and better every year - I couldn't believe how many cars were packed into Rundle Rd, Rundle St and East Tce, not to mention how many people were roaming around!

Sunday (November 28th) was the East End Finale of the thrilling 230km race that occurred over four days. And the weather all afternoon and evening was pretty much perfect.

Please enjoy this video I produced - it's mostly cars crossing the finish line, but a fancy "car showcase" starts at 4:49, if you would rather just skip to that part to quickly see all the vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Adelaide Rally 2021

#2 Post by Ho Really » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Some really nice stuff here. I don't attend these events unfortunately. Don't have the time, but it brings back memories of all the races I covered as a photojournalist. Would be great if we can bring back a major motorsport event. Not saying it has to be the V8 Supercars. I'd rather see something that puts us back into the international spotlight. Perhaps I am only dreaming.

Anyhow, at the beginning there you caught the Alitalia clad Fiat 131 Abarth. I remember seeing the 131 in Europe back in the mid to late seventies driven by big name drivers Markku Alen and Walter Rohrl and a few other greats of the WRC. The Alitalia livery was raced in 1978 and 1979. I remember '78 well not so much '79. The 131 actually won three manufacturers' WRC and two drivers' WRC championships. Not bad for a family sedan. You also caught a Ford Capri. I'm guessing a 2litre from the early seventies. Nice memories. Thanks for the great video Plasmatron.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Adelaide Rally 2021

#3 Post by Nathan » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:20 pm

Those old Alitalia liveries were great. Hard to picture the Stratos without it as well. Shame the airline no longer exists.