Federal election 2022

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.

Who are you voting for in the 2022 Australian Federal Election

Liberal
13%
Labor
34%
Greens
28%
One Nation
9%
Nationals
No votes
Australia United
No votes
Independant
16%

Total votes: 32

Vasco
High Rise Poster!

Federal election 2022

#61 Post by Vasco » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:38 pm

Ok Albo fucked up the numbers (not great hey).

However the alternative (current) option is tired, corrupt, divided. Can we really stand another 3 years of that rabble, good grief. ScoMo is a compulsive lier and a master deflector (“I don’t agree with the premise of your question” - smirk).

How does the mob who sold the Port of Darwin 99 year lease to China claim that Labor is a danger to national security. Oh and the Minister who sealed the deal is now on the company’s board.

Anyone watch Friendly Jordies videos and see how corrupt and immoral this mob really is.

Peter Dutton handing billion dollar refugee detention contracts to Palladin a company whose HQ is a beach shack in Kangaroo Island. Amongst other corrupt contracts for mates.
https://youtu.be/aIGKCkS01EA

Anyone heard about the secret review undertaken by the Feds into a current Liberal MP and very recent former South Australian Liberal Minister procuring Male prostitutes for extra curricular ‘activities’ in the Parliament house prayer room??? It’s all swept under the rug.
https://youtu.be/Hf90P6sGtJA

Plus many many more where that came from.
Federal ICAC please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Federal election 2022

#62 Post by rev » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:48 pm

Vasco wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:38 pm
There's actually been quite a few 'gaffs' by Albo.
It's not about that specifically, but that if he is the alternative leader to Scomo, and he's making these mistakes often in an election campaign, what's he going to be like as Prime Minister?
It doesn't present very well..
However the alternative (current) option is tired, corrupt, divided. Can we really stand another 3 years of that rabble, good grief. ScoMo is a compulsive lier and a master deflector (“I don’t agree with the premise of your question” - smirk).
Is Labor any better?
We can sit here all day pointing out the corruption and internal divisions of both parties. End result is they are both as dirty as each other.
How does the mob who sold the Port of Darwin 99 year lease to China claim that Labor is a danger to national security. Oh and the Minister who sealed the deal is now on the company’s board.

Anyone watch Friendly Jordies videos and see how corrupt and immoral this mob really is.
As opposed to Labor politicians who visit China? (they used to visit the USSR back in the day)
Peter Dutton handing billion dollar refugee detention contracts to Palladin a company whose HQ is a beach shack in Kangaroo Island. Amongst other corrupt contracts for mates.
He's actually tipped to be one of the main candidates to replace Scomo along with Frydenberg, if Scomo goes.
Anyone heard about the secret review undertaken by the Feds into a current Liberal MP and very recent former South Australian Liberal Minister procuring Male prostitutes for extra curricular ‘activities’ in the Parliament house prayer room??? It’s all swept under the rug.

Federal ICAC please.
Well that's one thing Albo/Labor have promisted, a federal ICAC.
But then again, Scomo promised one as well and hasn't delivered.
He said the other day they have the legislation and it's 300 odd pages long. That's nice, but why hasn't it been implemented yet.

As for sex scandals and a moral compass, I don't think Labor is any better or worse.

I don't think the desperation to have someone else in government, someone else running the country, should be the prime motivation for voting our the Coalition.
That was tried in South Australia, and were did it get us? A few years of basically what amounts to stagnation and the only thing anyone will remember is the SA Libs wanted to build a stadium.

News Corp seems to be running a campaign to disqualify Albo at the moment..surprise. Apparently he's used 8 of 9 lives and Wednesdays debate will be the final nail in Labors campaign. :toilet:

rubberman
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#63 Post by rubberman » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:19 pm

rev wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:48 pm
Vasco wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:38 pm
There's actually been quite a few 'gaffs' by Albo.
It's not about that specifically, but that if he is the alternative leader to Scomo, and he's making these mistakes often in an election campaign, what's he going to be like as Prime Minister?
It doesn't present very well..
Is Labor any better?
We can sit here all day pointing out the corruption and internal divisions of both parties. End result is they are both as dirty as each other.

As opposed to Labor politicians who visit China? (they used to visit the USSR back in the day)
He's actually tipped to be one of the main candidates to replace Scomo along with Frydenberg, if Scomo goes.

Federal ICAC please.
Well that's one thing Albo/Labor have promisted, a federal ICAC.
But then again, Scomo promised one as well and hasn't delivered.
He said the other day they have the legislation and it's 300 odd pages long. That's nice, but why hasn't it been implemented yet.

As for sex scandals and a moral compass, I don't think Labor is any better or worse.

I don't think the desperation to have someone else in government, someone else running the country, should be the prime motivation for voting our the Coalition.
That was tried in South Australia, and were did it get us? A few years of basically what amounts to stagnation and the only thing anyone will remember is the SA Libs wanted to build a stadium.

News Corp seems to be running a campaign to disqualify Albo at the moment..surprise. Apparently he's used 8 of 9 lives and Wednesdays debate will be the final nail in Labors campaign. :toilet:

If you want to stop a dog from doing something, you don't consider giving it treats. Rewarding incompetent and corrupt governments by re-electing them is a recipe for ENSURING both sides will be corrupt. At the very least, by alternating governments, you give them a smack over the snout with a rolled up newspaper.

The first party to get the message can then get voted back. However, rewarding corruption and incompetence by voting for it is a certain way to perpetuate it.

Vasco
High Rise Poster!

Federal election 2022

#64 Post by Vasco » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:39 pm

ScoMo and the liberals have had plenty of governance and policy gaffes. Is that worse than Albo forgetting his lines or making an error in front a pack of vulture media?

How about Robodebt where people committed suicide because of ‘gaffes’ made by the Department.

We don’t have a presidential system. So don’t worry gaffe prone Albo wouldn’t be doing all the ‘work’, that’s what cabinet ministers are for.

ScoMo might be able to remember the unemployment rate. But they’re being disingenuous with the reasons why it’s currently at records lows.

He also failed at various stages of pandemic management as well as not giving a fuck about the bushfires.
Albo was the one who called for JobKeeper subsidies, LNP were against them for a good while and then go on to blow their own trumpet for saving the economy.

Anyway I could go on. But clearly you’re happy with the current corrupt rabble. So go ahead and vote for them.

rev

#65 Post by rev » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:23 pm

I haven't said nor indicated im for the current government.
Im just making a point that both sides are dirty, both sides have skeletons in the closet.

And this election, unlike others, we have an alternative to the main two parties.
United Australia Party and One Nation.
Both of them are running candidates in all seats. So either of them, if they win enough seats, could form government.

Of course our media is not covering this very important fact, they are continuing along the lines of only 2 parties, which is outrageous.

You may not like UAP or ON, but if you truly wanted to send a message, you'd vote for one of their candidates and with any luck one of those two alternatives could get up.

Imagine throwing out not just Scomo and the coalition but Labor as well.

None of you will vote for anything but Labor/Greens or Liberal. Many are rusted on, and neither party truly does anything for the people.

Only the truly disenfranchised will vote for someone else, be it UAP, ON or an independent or minor party.
The rest will keep lining up to be bent over by the Labor/Liberal.

rubberman

#66 Post by rubberman » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 am

rev wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:23 pm
I haven't said nor indicated im for the current government.
Im just making a point that both sides are dirty, both sides have skeletons in the closet.

And this election, unlike others, we have an alternative to the main two parties.
United Australia Party and One Nation.
Both of them are running candidates in all seats. So either of them, if they win enough seats, could form government.

Of course our media is not covering this very important fact, they are continuing along the lines of only 2 parties, which is outrageous.

You may not like UAP or ON, but if you truly wanted to send a message, you'd vote for one of their candidates and with any luck one of those two alternatives could get up.

Imagine throwing out not just Scomo and the coalition but Labor as well.

None of you will vote for anything but Labor/Greens or Liberal. Many are rusted on, and neither party truly does anything for the people.

Only the truly disenfranchised will vote for someone else, be it UAP, ON or an independent or minor party.
The rest will keep lining up to be bent over by the Labor/Liberal.

That's what people said originally about the Mango Mussolini in America. All they ended up with was a different bloke looting the country.

There's plenty of good independent candidates usually. If people truly want to give the major parties a shakeup, vote for those. There are quite a few who have a chance, and if enough get in, they certainly can make a difference.

The previous ON Senators were crazies, and Craig Kelly of UAP? Well, enough said.

Vasco
High Rise Poster!

Federal election 2022

#67 Post by Vasco » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:45 am

Ha ha ha seriously, Pauline Hanson who’s idea to fix society was just to keep printing more money (without understanding the issue behind it). That wasn’t a gaffe, it was a major misunderstanding economics / finance.

Palmer who’s only interested in himself and populist vote buying policies with no serious investigation behind them, I really don’t know what to say about that one.

Quality and competent Independents yes by all means, but we still need a government lead by an actual major party. Unless you want the SA Best style ‘party’ of fielding candidates in every seat where the wheels fell off before it even left the station.
Palmer and ON have had a history of failing to keep their limited number of elected members together.

rubberman

#68 Post by rubberman » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:58 am

Vasco wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:45 am
Ha ha ha seriously, Pauline Hanson who’s idea to fix society was just to keep printing more money (without understanding the issue behind it). That wasn’t a gaffe, it was a major misunderstanding economics / finance.

Palmer who’s only interested in himself and populist vote buying policies with no serious investigation behind them, I really don’t know what to say about that one.

Quality and competent Independents yes by all means, but we still need a government lead by an actual major party. Unless you want the SA Best style ‘party’ of fielding candidates in every seat where the wheels fell off before it even left the station.
Palmer and ON have had a history of failing to keep their limited number of elected members together.

The problem is that for many traditional Liberals, the party no longer represents them. It has moved to the extreme right and left them hanging in between. Voters like this end up with having to choose someone either too left, or too right. Certainly we need a government, but if there's no candidate from a major party a voter likes, the only alternative is an independent. That's especially so where the independent is actually a real Liberal, unlike the present party that Menzies would be ashamed of.

rev

#69 Post by rev » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:29 pm

Vasco wrote:

So in other words when you stop beating around the bush, they are no different to the two major parties.

Both Labor and Liberal spend and spend and spend. We're currently in a trillion dollars of debt.
Both have policies that when you take away the spin you're left with shit.

You can't seriously sit there with a straight face and say that Labor or Liberal are fiscally responsible, or that their policies have improved day to day lives of Australians.

And no, we don't need a government lead by a major party.
Society is just conditioned to think Labor and Liberal are the only options for government.

Well today we have four options.

People cant afford rent.
People can't afford to buy a house.
People can't afford to buy groceries.
People can't afford petrol.
Utilities keep going up.
Our manufacturing is all but dead except for some niche areas.
Health care systems are stuffed, ramping isn't just an SA thing btw.
Wages have stagnated. Unless you're a politician.
The list goes on. These are constant problems.
Constant problems the two major parties never fix.
They have bandaid solutions to get them through to the next election where they promise you the same thing.

Maybe its time for a change?

Personally I'd like my kids to live in an Australia where they can afford to buy a house on their own without mummy and daddy helping with deposits.
Id like my kids to grow up in an Australia where they can go to a supermarket and not have to worry if they can afford to fucking eat this week.
To go to a hospital and know they'll be treated, and not left in pain because there's not enough doctors nurses or beds, and worrying if they can afford it.

Maybe you're priorities are different.
Maybe you still believe Labor or Liberal will fix what they say they will.

Im sure you still don't believe in the tooth fairy though.

And no, I'm not saying UAP or ON will be better. But they certainly couldn't be any worse then the garbage we've been dealt by Liberal and Labor for decades. Maybe a kick in the ass is what they need.

rubberman

#70 Post by rubberman » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:52 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:29 pm
Vasco wrote:

So in other words when you stop beating around the bush, they are no different to the two major parties.

Both Labor and Liberal spend and spend and spend. We're currently in a trillion dollars of debt.

You can't seriously sit there with a straight face and say that Labor or Liberal are fiscally responsible, or that their policies have improved day to day lives of Australians.

Society is just conditioned to think Labor and Liberal are the only options for government.

People cant afford rent.
Utilities keep going up.
They have bandaid solutions to get them through to the next election where they promise you the same thing.

Personally I'd like my kids to live in an Australia where they can afford to buy a house on their own without mummy and daddy helping with deposits.
Id like my kids to grow up in an Australia where they can go to a supermarket and not have to worry if they can afford to fucking eat this week.
To go to a hospital and know they'll be treated, and not left in pain because there's not enough doctors nurses or beds, and worrying if they can afford it.

And no, I'm not saying UAP or ON will be better. But they certainly couldn't be any worse then the garbage we've been dealt by Liberal and Labor for decades. Maybe a kick in the ass is what they need.

UAP and ON certainly would be worse than Liberal or Labor. They are literally full of crazies. Your list of problems is real, but electing batshit crazy lunatics isn't going to address that. However, getting a few extra independents into formerly safe major party electorates would make the major parties take notice.

ghs

#71 Post by ghs » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:16 pm

Has anyone seen One Nation’s policy on climate change ?

It’s a joke.

ChillyPhilly

#72 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 pm

ON and UAP are gutter trash, generally filled with vile excuses for human beings. Pure right wing nutjobs.

Clive Palmer talks the talk but ultimately his political pursuits are just vote funneling for the Coalition. He knows it.

Albanese is unfortunately limited by a party line. He's a decent bloke and the fact he grew up in relative poverty makes him more genuine than many.

Honestly, the most relevant and fleshed out policy ideas actually do come from The Greens. They want to address immediate issues and show their costings and sources of funding.

No matter the above, we cannot ensure another term of this horrid, corrupt government.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev

#73 Post by rev » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:11 pm

rubberman wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:52 pm
rev wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:29 pm
Vasco wrote:

People cant afford rent.
Utilities keep going up.

UAP and ON certainly would be worse than Liberal or Labor. They are literally full of crazies. Your list of problems is real, but electing batshit crazy lunatics isn't going to address that. However, getting a few extra independents into formerly safe major party electorates would make the major parties take notice.
Sorry, I haven't had a detailed look at their policies to call them bat shit crazy. I assume you have.

Can you list their policies and detail the bat shit crazy in them?

Independents? That isn't going to cut it.
They are bought off by either of the major parties and whatever "stance" they had is compromised in favour of a promise from whatever major party, that never materializes just like their election promises to the people.

bits
Legendary Member!

#74 Post by bits » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:01 pm

I'm sure many in this thread are more than aware of what I am about to say but just putting it out there.
Important for people to know both ON and UAP policies are closer to Liberal than Labor.
Also default preferences all flow straight to Liberal.

Similar for Greens. Policy closer to Labor than Liberal. Preferences flow to Labor.

If you generally vote Labor but don't like Albo, voting UAP will likely just lead to voting in Scomo.

If you normally vote Liberal but don't like Scomo, voting Greens is likely voting in Albo.

If you are voting a minor it is a good idea to come to terms with what major they will back.

Nort

#75 Post by Nort » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:16 am

bits wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:01 pm
I'm sure many in this thread are more than aware of what I am about to say but just putting it out there.
Important for people to know both ON and UAP policies are closer to Liberal than Labor.
Also default preferences all flow straight to Liberal.

Similar for Greens. Policy closer to Labor than Liberal. Preferences flow to Labor.

If you generally vote Labor but don't like Albo, voting UAP will likely just lead to voting in Scomo.

If you normally vote Liberal but don't like Scomo, voting Greens is likely voting in Albo.

If you are voting a minor it is a good idea to come to terms with what major they will back.
Sort of, but less so than it used to be.

Since the 2016 voting changes parties have no control over where preferences go, and can only recommend how voters fill in their preferences. So while it's true that the majority of Greens preferences go to Labor and UAP/ON go to the LNP, that's because those voters actually prefer those options and have specified those preferences.

However the point you bring up is very relevant if you think there's a chance of a minority government, since if your Green/UAP/ON/Independent candidate is successful, who they support could well help decide the government.