News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: LAX Fashion

#691 Post by monotonehell » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 pm

source of info wrote:Finally saw the LAX store and im going to have to disagree with you there tyler. In my opnion the new fit-out is very fashion forward and looks more like a boutique in tokyo or paris than in adelaide. THe stock looks more exclusive and the forms shaped by the ply panels creates a great backdrop. Can definately see this sort of thing on coolhunter or in wallpaper mag. will post some pics soon to get more opnions going on this space. Definately a unique design which im sure will benefit the store.
Yes I also had a quick look, very contemporary. I only went there for the Mexico66s anyway.

It will be out of style in a few years, just like the last fit-out. lol
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

russo92
Gold-Member ;)

Re: New Retail in the CBD

#692 Post by russo92 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Went in to LAX the other day too , the panelling looks great its just they reallly have decreased the level of stock they keep. there were only like 5 pairs of shoes on display at the front with all the crappy merchandise/ accessory stuff, one row of mens wear to the right, womens wear to the left and jeans on the counter in the middle.

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#693 Post by JamesXander » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Will wrote:We often hear on these forums how the flagship Rundle Mall Myer department store is 'struggling' and 'making a loss'.

Here is the truth.

Hopefully we can put these negative rumours to rest just like those that say 'Rundle Mall is dying'.

From the Advertiser:
Myer hails Adelaide stores as perfect sales fit

March 16, 201212:00AM

Adelaide is one of Myer's best performing stores in latest sales figures.

MYER'S five Adelaide stores were a bright spark amid weak sales in the department store's first-half results.

South Australia and Western Australia were the best performing states, the company said yesterday, as it reported a profit of $88.04 million, down 17.5 per cent, for the six months to January 28.

A Myer spokeswoman said the company had invested $13 million in extra staff hours and training to ensure customer service improved, which included product knowledge.

"We started that (training) program and trialled it in Adelaide," she said.

"We say that's a significant factor in the reason for SA being one of the best-performing states."

I know a company that supplies to Myer centre in the city. Their sales are f****d. I also know people who are working in the Myer centre, there sales are f*****. I think from a visible perspective many many tenants are leaving the centre. The centre is f****. It would be one costly centre to run also, must be close to losing money. Not good for the future.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#694 Post by Nathan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:10 pm

JamesXander wrote: I know a company that supplies to Myer centre in the city. Their sales are f****d. I also know people who are working in the Myer centre, there sales are f*****. I think from a visible perspective many many tenants are leaving the centre. The centre is f****. It would be one costly centre to run also, must be close to losing money. Not good for the future.
So we take the word of a supplier (who would have no idea about sales figures other than for the specific products they supply), over Myer themselves?

[Shuz]

#695 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Actually, if you re-read the article again, it makes absolutely no mention of how much profit the Adelaide store made, just the national total.

Myer have 68 stores nationally, and only made an $88m profit which to me for a company of that size, seems like a shockingly poor result. All the article really is saying is that it's the best result of its poor results.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#696 Post by monotonehell » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:56 pm

I've heard the same rumour from two sources now (just hearsay) that the former Border's site in Rundle Mall will be inhabited by one of the new Cotton On super stores. Book Boys are being kicked out (as is their popup business model lol) to make way for gutting and refurb.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#697 Post by jk1237 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

JamesXander wrote: I know a company that supplies to Myer centre in the city. Their sales are f****d. I also know people who are working in the Myer centre, there sales are f*****. I think from a visible perspective many many tenants are leaving the centre. The centre is f****. It would be one costly centre to run also, must be close to losing money. Not good for the future.
Myer Adelaide the department store is different from the shops in the Myer Centre. Im assuming you do know that

[Shuz]

#698 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Plus, it should also be noted that the results performance of the Adelaide Myer store would likely be just for the store only, and doesn't include the Myer Centre itself.

The Myer Centre is likely to be administered by the Corporate Services division of Myer (as it is an asset, not a store) and therefore not the responsibility of the Adelaide division of Myer.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#699 Post by crawf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:27 pm

monotonehell wrote:I've heard the same rumour from two sources now (just hearsay) that the former Border's site in Rundle Mall will be inhabited by one of the new Cotton On super stores. Book Boys are being kicked out (as is their popup business model lol) to make way for gutting and refurb.
Oh please no :shock:

Waewick

#700 Post by Waewick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Plus, it should also be noted that the results performance of the Adelaide Myer store would likely be just for the store only, and doesn't include the Myer Centre itself.

The Myer Centre is likely to be administered by the Corporate Services division of Myer (as it is an asset, not a store) and therefore not the responsibility of the Adelaide division of Myer.
isn't the centre managed by colonial ?

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#701 Post by AtD » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:25 pm

I was under the impression that Myer had nothing to do with the centre, other than naming rights.

Burger
Gold-Member ;)

#702 Post by Burger » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:31 pm

The Centre is owned and managed by CFSGAM (Colonial First State Global Asset Management) - the same crew who own and run Elizabeth, Castle Plaza and Chadstone (among many others).

Myer is 'just' a tenant. Generally, naming rights in retail operate slightly different to normal commercial property in that you don't usually get additional naming rights/signage rent. It's normally incorporated in the lease and covers branding, signage, size, location etc.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#703 Post by Plasmatron » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 am

Did anyone else notice that the yd shop in Rundle Mall was recently renovated? It's had a glitzy, sleek Hollywood-esque makeover... I don't quite know what to make of it.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#704 Post by monotonehell » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:02 am

Plasmatron wrote:Did anyone else notice that the yd shop in Rundle Mall was recently renovated? It's had a glitzy, sleek Hollywood-esque makeover... I don't quite know what to make of it.
Simply EVERYONE noticed, but we were all too polite to mention it. ;)

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#705 Post by crawf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 am

Plasmatron wrote:Did anyone else notice that the yd shop in Rundle Mall was recently renovated? It's had a glitzy, sleek Hollywood-esque makeover... I don't quite know what to make of it.
Hopefully they have added mirrors in the change rooms, it was annoying the mirror was between the change rooms.